SCHOOL IS THE SECOND HOME
A home away from home, school is the place where children spend their maximum time away from home. It’s essential for any school to create an environment that not only encourages learning but also focuses on the mental and physical well-being of the student.
Responding to this urgent need, Sushila Birla Girls’ School has a comprehensive and pragmatic approach with the help of value based curriculum, through life skill classes, experiential learning, value-based curriculum and appreciation of cultural diversity.
A value-based education creates:
· A better learning environment, in which students are able to attain better academic results.
· A better teaching environment, in which the teachers feel fulfilled and significantly less stressed.
· Students with the self-esteem and confidence to explore and develop their potential to the full.
It leaves no student behind, irrespective of her background.
Student Exchange Programs
The Exchange programs held by the school are real life changers.
It has a tremendous impact on every student as they achieve fluency in a language, make lifelong friendships, and gain an appreciation of host/visiting country and culture. Also, an exchange experience creates other benefits such as awareness to students and parents about college admissions, possible collegiate scholarships and enhanced global career opportunities for students.
“The Education that rests on creativity and innovation is at the heart of successful learning and we endeavour to achieve this through a broad and balanced curriculum.” Ms. Bose concludes.
Sushila Birla Girls’ School has adopted the latest IT tools for schools today.
Some of them are:
· ERP software for fees, report card, student’s attendance, accounts and in the library.
· Matrix solution software used for staff attendance.
· Digital boards to broadcast information.
· Timetable software computerized.
Major Challenges faced by the Indian Education System
Ms. Bose feels, “I think the education system of India is blamed every now and then for being too theoretical but not practical and skill-based. There is, therefore, a big gap between education and demands of industry.
· Skill development should be given importance.
· Still, too examination-oriented.
· A single Education Board that covers the entire country should be welcomed.
Instilling Social Responsibility
When a student enters the door of the classroom, they are not there solely for the knowledge they are supposed to gain. All lessons, terms, definitions, concepts, tests, quizzes and assignments have a hidden goal behind them: social-emotional development. To improve our society through education, we have a pedagogy that focuses on instilling a sense of social responsibility in our children and to develop an educational system where civic responsibility is a primary goal.
To sum up, The Education that rests on creativity and innovation is at the heart of successful learning and we endeavour to achieve this through a broad and balanced curriculum.
For more details, please visit www.sbgskolkata.ac.in