Parul Kumar – Navy Children school , Visakhapatnam
Navy Children School,based in Visakhapatnam and started in 1965 by Navy Education Society, works towards its motto “Knowledge Embellishes” and vision to grow towards eternity. The school grooms students without any hindrance of religion, caste, or creed to become future global citizens. Every aspect of children’s growth such as physical, intellectual, cognitive and emotional is considered with a holistic approach. Equal importance is given to self-discipline, integrity and ethics. Apart from education, students are also taught life skills.
Parul Kumar has been working as the principal of the school since last 2.5 years and with a post-graduation in Food and Nutrition, she proceeded to do her M.Ed while working at schools. She is also equipped with techniques to teach special children.
About the School
• A secure and supportive environment and perfect balance between tradition and contemporary are the unique features of the school.
• About 5000 students are studying at the school
• School follows CBSE curriculum.
• The school works on a “No Profit No Loss” basis and charges very nominal fees.
• Children are able and trained to make correct choices in life with great self-confidence and self-esteem with the help of life skills, curricular and co-curricular activities.
• The school is spread over 5 various locations geographically under one principal which is very unique.
• Dedicated mainly to Armed Forces personnel, in particular,the Navy, the school also offers admission to other categories based on vacancy.
• The school is equipped with state-of-art facilities such as swimming, sailing, NCC, horse riding, Scouts and Guides.
Parul says that the school is very strict about selecting teachers. The process contains 4 phases including a written exam, classroom teaching demonstration, personality test and interview by a panel of members from various capabilities. The salary for the teachers is better than many other schools. The school has not faced any shortage of teachers for any subject because of the accommodative and conducive atmosphere. The selection process is very transparent leaving no room for any doubt. The management also plans in advance about filling vacancies.
Teaching Finance, Leadership Skills and Social Responsibility
Parul points out that the school ensures children to be part of community service by organizing various community programs. They are encouraged to showcase their skills by means of various activities. The school has a prefectorial council to help students exhibit their leadership skills. Activities to handle finance are also organized.
Competitive exams are a boon to students to prove themselves but they should also learn to accept the challenges positively. The students of Navy Children School are taught to take the competitive exams in the right sense. The aptitude of the student is considered before the selection of subjects by the teachers and parents jointly. Since the school offers concept-based education, students fare better in competitive exams. Regular counselling is done for students. Meditation in the morning gives them peace of mind, good health and self-control.
Indian schools in Global Scenario
The Indian education system focuses on the true basic values of our culture,unlike any other country. With many eminent personalities in important portfolios all over the world, the Indian education system has been recognized internationally and many countries have started following Indian concepts. Many schools all over the world have started teaching concepts like yoga and meditation to their students.
Competence of Outgoing Students
Since the students of Navy Children School are taught how to think and learn, their minds are open to face challenges of the society. Yoga, Swachta, Community Sewaare some of the programs the school offers to help students realize social needs and to face challenges in the external world.
• NCS Vizag ranked as no. 9 among military school in India by Education Today
• NCS Vizag ranked No. 1 in city and state for last 3 years by Education world
• NCS Vizag has been the best school in academics among all the schools under Eastern Naval Command
• NCS Vizag has been winning the NES Trophy for best performance of Class XII since last 2 years among all the Navy Schools spread across the country.
Parul has won awards like:
(a) One among Top 100 highly effective Principals of the country by Alert Knowledge Solutions
(b) Was awarded Dewang Mehta National Leadership.
(c) Was one among the top 25 most promising women leader of the country.
She concludes by saying that the true award she has received is the trust and faith of parents, staff and students. She derives her strength from her team who work tirelessly in shaping up the future generation of India.
For more information, please visit: www.ncsvizag.edu.in
Navy Children School
Gandhigram Post Office
Ph: 0891- 2740283, 2812409 and 2577573 (Fax)