Asha Prabhakar – Bal Bharathi Public School, Noida
“Deep learning experiences make the students value the wonders of the world and learn, unlearn and
relearn so that they are never behind their times.” Bal Bharathi Public School, Noida, functions around this theme and creates an environment where students excel not only in scholastic activities but also develop intellectual capacities and skills to serve the society.
The school was started in April 1992 by Child Education Society with 180 students initially. Currently, there are 2,583 students on its rolls. The school is managed by Shri Nikhil Channa and Ms. Asha Prabhakar is the principal. The management committee includes eminent persons from various walks of life.
· The school follows AISSCE pattern and all the 140 students were placed in a 1st division.
· Based on the performance, the school is among the top 50 educational institutions of the country.
· The school follows a curriculum to help students to be logical, analytical, critical, creative, innovative, and communicative.
· The school has won Outstanding Award by Tony Blair foundation for successfully embedding the Face to Faith program in the school curriculum, thus enabling the students not to just view the video conferences as isolated interactions with their counterparts but also to experience and realize significance in their day to day life.
· In order to help the teaching community cope up with the ever-widening horizon of learning and global vision, the school makes use of Teacher Exchange Programs. One of them has represented the school in Australia under India-Australia Bridge School Partnership Program.
· The school has won the International School Award for the second time from The British Council International School award scheme for the outstanding level of support for teaching practices.
· 6th position among the Noida and Greater Noida schools from Times of India C-fore Survey 2016
· Online Green Rating award for complying with the norms for sanitation and improvement in service delivery
· 52nd position among 18000 CBSE schools and 1000 ISCE schools in India
· To help children with special needs to integrate with the mainstream, resource centre called Centre for Scholastic Integration has been set up.
* Ms. Asha Prabhakar opines that the greatest challenge to the education sector is that the education system in India lacks the practical aspect and is only theoretical.
*The poor governance of government schools affects the quality of education while the private schools are quite expensive and beyond the reach of the poor.
* Villages do not have proper schools and students have to travel quite a distance.
* Due to lack of funds, colleges are unable to improve the quality of education and infrastructure apart from quality teachers. Teachers are not paid sufficiently and due to lack of qualification, they do not want to work hard also.
*Parents are illiterate and so they don’t know how valuable education is. They are unwilling to send their children to schools for basic education.
*The poverty status of the rural population force the parents to send their children to work and earn money instead of going to schools.
Teaching Finance, Leadership Skills and Responsibility
· Ms. Asha Prabhakar feels that education should make students realize the value of wonders in this world and appreciating, accepting, and imbibing the newer and better as they go ahead with their lives.
· It is essential in the current scenario to learn finance and worldly issues for the youngsters. The school has introduced FMM (Financial Management and Marketing) for class 9 and 10 and students show interest in learning the subject.
· Children are helped to identify their talents and develop proper habits and positive attitudes and values such as truthfulness, unselfishness, self-respect, self-control, sense of duty, discipline, striving for excellence, cleanliness and so on.
Technology used at the School
*To keep abreast with the development in the education system, the school has equipped computer labs. Classrooms are IT-enabled.
*Teachers are encouraged to use power point presentation to make teaching and learning interesting.
*Lessons are offered by smart boards with digital classes for science and mathematics to prepare students for online mode of examination.
Ms. Asha Prabhakar concludes saying, “As a leader, I am driven to foster a positive school atmosphere of sharing and caring to help my students achieve their greatest potential, scholastically and co-scholastic.”
For more information, please visit: http://bbpsnoida.balbharati.org/
Bal Bharati Public School, Noida
Sector-21, Noida, U.P. Ph: 0120 – 2534064 / 2538533
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org