Sreekala G Kumar – BGS National Public School, Bangalore
BGS National Public School was founded by Pontiff His Holiness Jagadguru Sri Sri Sri Balagangadaranatha Swamiji of Adhichunchanagiri Math, who over the past has strived hard to promote educational institutions of international stature. Sri Adhichunchanagiri education trust is running over 350 educational institutions including Medical and Engineering colleges.
BGS National Public School affiliated to CBSE is one of the units of Sri Adichunchanagiri Shikshana Trust, Bangalore, Karnataka located in Hulimavu, Bannerghatta Road.
Sreekala G Kumar, associated with the school for the last ten years, is the current School Principal. She wants to bring out global citizens and leaders of tomorrow through traditional values of love, empathy, discipline and respect. She visualizes the school to train the skills required for successful interaction with other individuals.
Vision and mission
· Excellence in academics, games, sports, co-curricular activities and in human values
· Encouraging self-reliance, self-confidence and self-esteem
· Inculcating deep sense of patriotism, Indian culture, and tradition
· Independent thinking, critical analysis, appreciation and thoughtful decision making
Exposure to students in fields of interest
· The school provides platform for any talent and showcases the same
· Year round programs arranged with competitions consisting of multiple rounds to pick the best talent
· Music, dance, art gallery, science quest, competitive exams and quiz conducted
· Sports tournaments held
· Training under professionals and prominent personalities in various fields
Inculcating effective communication
· The school conducts programs such as elocution, Just a Minute, debates, and declamation.
· Focus even at a young age to “boost the confidence of the students”
· For such students who are reluctant to involve, “questioning method with clues is used”
· Unique opportunity during morning assembly for every child to “come on stage and speak with confidence”
· MUN and debate sessions conducted round the year
· Students from Pre Primary to class X encouraged to conduct all cultural programs
· Live commentary for sports events by students
Usage of technology
· Technology used effectively in the teaching-learning process
· Spreadsheets, MS Power Point, Alice and Green Foot, and smart boards along with apps for communication with parents are also used
Measures for better results
Sreekala G Kumar says that BGS NPS is a unique school with its own reputation in the city. We give rigorous training before participation in any co-curricular activities without compromise with academics.
There are special classes for the missed classes during practice session. Summer camps are organised in technology, art, science, and sports. Every teacher of BGS NPS family is trained to be a trainer.
For Sreekala G Kumar, the main challenge is “to retain passionate, efficient, dedicated, and effective teachers.” Meeting challenges has been made possible with recognition for each good work done, cordial relationship with colleagues, and appreciation.
· BEST SCHOOL AWARD – ‘HOBITUTE Art in Me 2017’ by HOBITUTE Foundation
· ASSOCHAM, Karnataka, Parent of Innovation Awards 2017 Jury Choice Award For ‘SCHOOL HEALTH AND STUDENT SAFETY’ (Category _ CBSE Schools)
· Second Runner Up in Silicon Spectrum a cultural fest, organized by Silicon City Academy of Secondary Education
· Winners in Volley Ball Tournaments under 19 boys and Girls organized by Various Organization
· 100% result in both Class X and XII Board Examination every year
· International School Award by British Council -2013 to 2018
Jury choice award for innovation in student health and safety
· Rank No. 1 in Bengaluru and Karnataka and Rank No. 6 among the Top 20 CBSE Schools in the country 2016 based on the survey conducted by Education Today
· Rank No. 1 in Bengaluru and Karnataka and Rank No. 2 among the Top 20 CBSE Schools in the country 2015 based on the survey conducted by Education Today
· School Excellence Award 2015, Special Honor based on the survey conducted by Brainfeed, a Monthly Educational Initiative
· One of the Top Schools in Bangalore by Digital Learning
· Best School For Healthy School Environment – 2015 by Parikrama Humanity Foundation in collaboration with the Address Health
Sreekala G Kumar thinks that each individual is unique in one’s pursuit, inspiration, and motivation and the school works hard to bring out global citizens who are rooted to culture and committed to progress.
For more information, please visit: http://www.bgsnps.com/index.php
BGS NATIONAL PUBLIC SCHOOL
Ramalingeshwara Cave Temple
Hulimavu, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore-560 076.
Phone: 080-26484933 Mobile: 9483338135