Kalpana Mohan – PNC COGNITIO SCHOOL, Bangalore
PNC Cognitio (PNCCS), established in 2016, is an International school based in Whitefield Bengaluru which was started with an aim to be a school that has an Indian mission with a global vision.
Headed by Kalpana Mohan as its Academic Director, the school follows the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), a department of the University of Cambridge, London. PNCCS is built on the famed Finnish model of education, considered one of the most innovative and effective pedagogies in the world. The system emphasizes practical learning, multi-disciplinary teaching and learning which is centered on a core philosophy of inclusive education in the true sense.
Kalpana Mohan, a veteran in the field of Education with over 35 years of experience believes that PNCCS is a vehicle to bring to the children a unique model of education.
Educating the Educator
I strongly believe in the concept of “educating the educator” as the initial seeds of a child’s life are sown by these teachers only. Here at PNCCS, we refer to our teachers as Educational Facilitators. I conduct regular training sessions and give space for them to introspect on their performance rather than resorting to intimidating feedbacks.
Lack of Trained Teachers in India
The Indian education system currently faces a problem of lack of trained teachers and particularly the lack of emphasis on the training itself. In addition, the concept of skill-based and application based education is something that is yet to reach its peak in India.
The inclusive model of education followed at PNCCS aims to drive home to each student the importance of peer learning, one of the most powerful forms of education. The Cambridge curriculum reinforces this concept using communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity.
Facilities & Fee Structure
At PNCCS, each child is assured of physical, mental and emotional development in highly safe learning environment.
– Safety of the students and staff is ensured using unique and robust technologies so that every child and staff member is supervised within the school premises.- Equipment for sports and learning within the classrooms has been chosen with the greatest emphasis on quality and safety.
– A fully equipped medical room caters to the health of the students and staff members.
– Every child and staff member is served fresh, hot and nutritious meals every day which is in line with PNCCS’ motto of equal important being given to the physical health of the child.
– Highly trained facilitators session plans which are built on the Visual Audio and Kinesthetic (VAK) model to facilitate knowledge sharing which are reinforced using well-defined activities based on multiple intelligence.
– We have also tied up with Microsoft’s Aspire Program (MASP) which provides high quality teaching resources.
Parents of children at PNCCS are a mix of people from the corporate sector and entrepreneurs. We also have parents whose kids are first generation learners.
The fee structure of the school is such that parents would have to pay INR 41,000 per term in which each term is for a period of 4 months.
In the short span of time, PNCCS has already made an impression. Ms. Mohan says, “I was honored with the title of “Progressive Principal” in November 2017 by Re-think India -The Fifth Estate” and have also been recognized as the “Top International Upcoming Schools (India)” in a survey conducted by EducationToday.co (we will receive this in the month of December 2017).”
For more details, please visit www.pnccs.edu.in
PNC COGNITIO SCHOOL
#33, SRB Campus, Opp to SRB Gardenia,
Kumbena Agrahara, Kadugodi (P).
Bengaluru – 67
Mobile : +91 78999 23479