Santhakumari – Shree Sarasswathi Vidhyaah Mandheer, Coimbatore
Shree Sarasswathi Vidhyaah Mandheer, Mettupalyam, Tamil Nadu, started as a play school in 1988, has evolved into a major educational institution with more than 2100 students and 190 staff members. The institution follows CBSE syllabus and offers education through English medium. The school aims at instilling confidence, simplicity, charity, strength of character and fearlessness, besides learning process. Santhakumari has been the principal of the school since 2008.
How Students Benefit
· Students get education without losing their areas of specialization and competence.
· Opportunities to develop their individual talents and holistic development to achieve success in sports, fine arts, yoga, rifle shooting, music, and cultural events at all levels.
· NCC, Scouts and Guides, various club activities and road safety patrol to help character building
· Education trips to universities like Cambridge, Nottingham, and NASA to achieve a futuristic approach to education
Importance of Communication Skills
· To promote communication skills, the school conducts group discussions, brain storming activities, debate, role play, drama, active listening, and oratorical competitions.
· Students are encouraged to use language labs, video tapes, audio books and e-dictionaries
About efficient teacher system, Santhakumari says that “regular meetings and orientation programs are conducted at Inter school level and department level by senior teachers and subject experts.” Every teacher is encouraged to share their knowledge and development in subjects. To make them highly competitive and successful, they participate in department programs.
Technology in teaching
· Used as integral part of teaching and classrooms
· Smart classes, power point presentations, tablets, e-learning, and projected screens are used in class rooms to bring about reformation and revolution in the education system
· The school also uses animated videos as a teaching tool
Awards and Accolades
· Accredited with International School award for 3 consecutive years from 2015-18 by British Council, UK
· Best Robotic design award won during Robotics national level competition
· Overall championship for 3 years in NCC Annual Training Camp
· 1st position in Drills for 8 years continuously
· Students’ participation in Republic Parade at New Delhi
· Gold medals won in 23rd Al India GV Movalankar Air Rifle shooting and 56th All India Air Rifle Shooting
Providing sappling to Legendary Musician late Dr.Balamuralikrishna at Vanamohatsav function at SSVM
· Students played for 3rd Asian Kho Kho championship and won gold medal
· Student honoured at the state level Thirukkural recitation competition in 2015
· Gold and silver medals in Artistic events in the 3rd Commonwealth Yoga championship at Bangkok
· Outstanding team trophy for six years in district Band competition
· In 3rd Indo Bhutan Rural Cup 2016-17, students won medals in javelin throw, kabaddi, shuttle badminton, and khokho
Apart from the above, Santhakumari is proud that “our students have excelled in their board examination and in the various competitive exams adding glory to our institution.” Many students have secured admission in premier institutes and colleges.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ssvminstitutions.ac.in/
SHREE SARASSWATHI VIDHYAAH MANDHEER
Tamil Nadu – 641 302. India.
Phone:+91 4254 326901 / 3269199