Paul Machado – Campion School, Mumbai
Set in Colaba, Mumbai and founded in January 1943, Campion School is one of India’s leading schools for boys. Campion School follows ICSE Board and is currently headed by Paul Machado as its Principal, who has been associated with the school since 2003.
Machado believes in an upbeat, welcoming solution-oriented, no blame, professional environment and all efforts to involve staff and students. “Our school has a Cosmopolitan culture which means we include children from all communities and cultures irrespective of caste or creed or any specific financial nomenclature.”
The Campion Vision
The vision of the school is building Excellent Human Beings who will make a positive difference to society through competence, conscience and compassion. It would give me immense joy to see my students live their Motto “Joy in Truth’’ and to be available when their Alma Mater “calls’’ – in short, to be “Men for others.’’
The School that ‘Never Sleeps’
Machado tells us, “Definitely during school hours there is a continuous hum drum. But one must surely visit the school after school hours and during Saturdays and quite often even Sundays. The children are seen busy with after school activities which go on to beyound 6.00 pm. On weekends children are back for Football, Cricket, Robotics, Speech and Drama, Chess, Carom, Elocution and of course practices for various events.
We stress on making our children sensitive to the less privileged in society, thereby encouraging outreach programmes like SUPW as well as visits to Orphanages, and schools in other districts to give our boys an insight of what the lives of children their age go through and sensitize them to reach out to them. Children also visit homes for the aged to make them learn respect, love and care for the elderly in society. In many ways we stand out amongst others and we set bench marks!!”
Effective Communication & Public Speaking
· Children in all classes from 1 to 4 have Speech and Drama as a subject.
· Speech and Drama classes are also conducted by specialists in the field after school hours and even on Saturdays.
· From class 1 children are encouraged to speak at their planned assemblies daily from Monday to Friday. This encourages them to get rid of stage fright while speaking confidently in front of a large crowd.
· Boys of classes 1 to 4 also take part in Choral Recitation Competitions
· Boys of Classes 5 to 10 take part in individual Elocution Competitions and showcase their pieces in presence of a large crowd.
· Boys also take part in inter-School debates and interschool Elocution Competitions, many a times bringing back laurels to the institution.
Awards & Accolades
Machado says, “Under my leadership school has been rated as the India’s Top boys school for 5 consecutive years by the Education World Magazine, also received top position for leadership and management. Hindustan Times rated Campion the 4th Best School in Mumbai.
In the co-curricular activities, our school steals the show whether it be Elocution, Dramatics, Debates, Dance, Singing, Football, Squash, Swimming, Athletics…The list goes on. At all interschool events our school always takes away the First Place.”
For more information, please visit: https://campionschool.in/
Colaba, Mumbai 400001
Phone No.: +91-22-2202 0575, 9820582989