Poly Pattanaik – Mother’s Public School, Bhubaneswar
Mother’s Public School, situated in Unit 1, Bhubaneswar, is the “first Day-boarding school” started in 1992 to help the working mothers. The school, headed by Ms Poly Pattanaik is affiliated to CBSE and is focused on providing “curriculum-based education and also emphasizes on co-curricular activities along with moral spiritual values.” The school also works on conserving and nourishing the cultural values of Indian society.
· First school in Bhubaneswar to introduce digital classroom
· Has a Creya lab, “a studio-based learning program which focuses on providing authentic projects, helping children to learn experientially and connect their academic learning to the real world.”
· Students exposed to Eureka in 3D stereo to make science and Maths exciting.
· Helen O Grady International, a speed and edu-drama program with emphasis on life skills
· Detailed Analysis Tests to measure how a student has understood the concepts with feedback on any misunderstanding to make it possible to take corrective measures.
· Students participate in all inter-house, intra-school or inter-school activities
· Children learn to set goals and work for success by planning better
· Students learn to care for themselves and to take care of others with a spirit of confidence to carve a niche for themselves in the society
· School follows CBSE curriculum
· School has from pre-primary to senior secondary classes
Activities for students
· Summer camps are organized for children up to class 9
· NCC army and air wing for classes 8 and 9
· Students work in various clubs
· They are taken on picnics to places of historical importance and tribal fairs once a year
· Support and suggestions from parents are taken by the management
Role of teachers
· Only teachers with passion for teaching are selected to create inquisitiveness among children to explore and create.
· They ensure that “every child feels special and is able to create a niche for himself/herself by tapping his/her strength and helping him to overcome his/her weaknesses.”
· They are trained to remove ignorance and to inspire creativity
· Students get lot of support from teachers in all their endeavours with encouragement and appreciation.
· Reward for hardwork
· Teachers work as one family to get the best out of children and to “overcome any untoward situation with ease and poise.”
· They stand by the motto “service before self” at all times
· They are ready to face any challenge to get the best result
· The school aims to “see all sects of the society merge into one world.”
· It wants to successfully provide career oriented education infused with moral values and life skills
· The school believes that “having faith in one’s dream and pursuing it with sincerity and dedication will help achieve greater results.”
· Students are helped to get their dreams become reality and to carry forward the legacy.
For more details, please visit: http://www.mothers.edu.in/
Mother’s Public School
Unit-1, Bhubaneswar, Odisha