Bhargavi A.R. – Fundamentor, Bangalore
Fundamentor, functioning from Bangalore, is an innovative web application meant to enhance the verbal, quantitative, creative thinking aptitude and data inference talents among school children. The methods used help children enjoy and develop effective aptitude. Life skills to bridge the gap between academics and professional success are developed and the product is among the top 10 internationally in education gamification. About 16,000 people use the product in India and Singapore. The main target of the program is school students to help them develop their skills in math, English, logic, and creativity.
Ms. Bhargavi A.R. and Mr.Amol Patkar are the co-founders of Fundamentor. Along with Mr. Ankur and Mr. Amit Vashisth, the team have the passion for education and the required skill set. Advisors, technical experts, digital marketing background, teachers and interns have made the project a huge success.
Inspiration and challenges
Ms. Bhargavi says, “we started with a mission of building skills that bridge the gap between academics and professional success…later we have explained literacy and numeracy skills among under-privileged students because those are the key skills they lack in being future ready.”
“Amit Vashisht and Bhargavi A.R. receiving the UK Tech Rocketship Award at the India UK Tech Summit 2016.”
The challenges were many:
· Concerns if “schools and parents would respond to a supplementary program that develops life skills rather than a strict curriculum/report card focus.”
· Motivated by the interest exhibited by students on the gamified approach of Fundamentor and solving quizzes on it.z
· She points out that Fundamentor”achieved external recognition which helped us build the brand as well as the concept.”
How Fundamentor functions
· It is a subscription-based model and is offered to parents.
· Channel partnerships with online and direct sales companies are contacted to establish relationships with customers.
· Also NGOs, selling using social media channels, and direct selling to schools are followed.
· Shaunak – New India School says, “I liked Fundamentor a lot. It improved my English. It was fun solving exercises of different topics. It was not like regular studying.”
·Sridevi – Head, Academic Acceleration Program, Silver Oaks School of Hyderabad says,
“Our school has adopted Fundamentor product for cognitive aptitude development for students in Gr3 – 8. The students and parents are happy with the product format and redemption features and we have also extended the product to our teachers”.
More about Fundamentor
The program has won many accolades such as:
· Winner of the Impact Award in “India Innovation Challenge” organised by Internet.org (Facebook)
· Winner of UK Tech Rocketship Award at Indo-UK Tech Summit 2016
· Winner- Crowd Pitch Event organized by Bhive and Your Story
· Winner MIT School of Telecom Startup Award for Innovation
· Finalists of IBM Startup Star 2016
Fundamentor was featured in:
· PC Quest June 2016 edition in the article” India’s Top Tech Enabled Startups”
· ScooNews Mar 2017 Edition “Top 50 Ed Startups which will redefine the Education System “
· Global Education Gamification Market 2016-2020 report by leading market research company Technavio, UK (available on researchandmarkets.com)
·Ms. Bhargavi wants to expand in three ways – geographically, product-wise and content-wise.
· The product has been tried in a few rural schools and the company hopes to expand further
· International expansion with linked partnerships such as Singapore, UK, and Middle East
· Product to be offered to younger age groups and in other languages.
For more information, please visit: fundamentor.com
Nasscom 10K Warehouse, Diamond District,
Phone: 9019 569 569