Mumbai Travellers – Travel Club
Mumbai Travellers, the largest travel club in Mumbai, is headed by Nilesh Haldankar, Saurabh
Thakekar and Jogendra Prajapati. It is a unit of GoTravellism Pvt Ltd.
Mumbai Travellers organises an annual summer camp. “Our motto is to strengthen the bond between parent and child and send them back with memories that they will treasure for life. We have loads of fun and nurturing activities lined up each year to make the experience special and unforgettable.”
What does Mumbai Travellers offer?
· “Mumbai Travellers moved from ‘tourism’ to ‘travellism’ to promote the passion for travel and exploring.”
· Children in the age group of 3-16 years are admitted
· A wildlife safari to Tadoba for both parents and kids is the highlight of this year’s camp.
· The camp has 2 leaders, 1 field expert and other team members to take care of activities, results, safety and comfort of the participants.
· Amruta Thakekar, team expert, goes with the children on each outing to expose the creative side of the children in the camp.
· Activities are fun and “make the experience special and unforgettable.”
· “It is indeed a wonderful thrill working with a young age group.”
What do children learn from Mumbai Travellers?
· They learn to come out of their comfort zone to be a part of the camp.
· Activities are based on some lesson children learn when enjoying in the camp.
· They learn to participate in all activities, decision making, team spirit, and face failures and challenges.
· Children understand the values of respect, courage, expression, and expose their talents.
· They learn to love Mother Nature.
How do the staff handle each child’s temperament?
Each child takes his own time to settle down. It is a totally new experience for them to attend a camp amidst nature. The leaders and experts make all efforts and spend time to “make each child comfortable and help them adapt through patience, understanding and lots of love and pampering!” When they feel home sick, the experts makes them feel at home and at the end of the camp, “they don’t want the camp to end!”
Challenges and future plans
With each child joining the camp with different mind-set, the first job is to make them feel comfortable and free enough to join the activities.
Mumbai Travellers is working on a different set of fun activities for the children but it “depends on the dates children are available and their school vacations.”
A summer camp for parents and children is about to begin soon along with a wildlife safari to Tadoba.
“Our aim is to create a platform for children that will introduce them to their natural surroundings with fun and unique
activities. This will help parents too by ensuring their child does not waste the vacations playing videogames or sitting in front of the television.”
408, Shree Samarth Plaza, RRT Road, Opposite to Mulund West 400080 Phone: 08692022777 / 08422049888